Take a problem-solution approach for programming enterprise Java or Java EE applications and microservices for cloud-based solutions, enterprise database applications, and even small business web applications.
Java EE to Jakarta EE 10 Recipes provides effective, practical, and proven code snippets that you can immediately use to accomplish just about any task that you may encounter. You can feel confident using the reliable solutions that are demonstrated in this book in your personal or corporate environment.
Java EE was made open source under the Eclipse Foundation, and Jakarta EE is the new name for what used to be termed the Java Platform, Enterprise Edition. This book helps you rejuvenate your Java expertise and put the platform’s latest capabilities to use for quickly developing robust applications. If you are new to Jakarta EE, this book will help you learn the features of the platform and benefit from one of the most widely used and powerful technologies available for cloud-native enterprise application development today.
Examples in this book highlight Jakarta EE’s capabilities, helping you to build streamlined and reliable applications using the latest in Java technologies. The book takes a problem-solution approach in which each section introduces a common programming problem, showing you how to solve that problem in the best possible way using the latest features in Jakarta EE. Solutions in the form of working code examples are presented that you can download and use immediately in your own projects. Clear descriptions are provided to help you understand and learn to build further on the solutions provided.
This is the ideal book for the code-focused programmer interested in keeping up with the future of enterprise development on the Java Platform.
What You Will Learn
- Develop enterprise java applications using the latest open-source Jakarta EE platform
- Create great-looking user interfaces using Jakarta Servlets, Jakarta Server Pages, Jakarta Server Faces and the Eclipse Krazo framework (an implementation of Jakarta MVC)
- Build database applications using Jakarta NoSQL, Jakarta Persistence, and Jakarta Enterprise Beans.
- Develop enterprise grade applications using Context & Dependency Injection, and Jakarta RESTFul web services
- Automate testing through cohesive test suites built on Arquillian for Jakarta EE applications
- Build loosely coupled distributed applications using Jakarta Messaging
- Deploy microservices applications in cloud environments using Docker Secure applications utilizing the Jakarta EE Security API and JSON Web Tokens
Who This Book Is For
Java developers interested in quickly finding effective and proven solutions without reading through a lengthy manual and scrubbing for techniques.
Anyone looking to create structured data in a human-readable data format should learn YAML. This book is aimed at developers of every level, from beginner to advanced, who want to get up to date with YAML. This book is for Software Engineer, Full Stack Web Developer, DevOps Engineer, Software Architects, Managers, and Hobbist, who are wondering what YAML is? This book will introduce you to YAML markup language and covers in detail its syntax. It will also cover the basic concepts behind this markup language and explain its main features and show the capabilities of YAML.
This is a Quick Reference Guide for Beginners or anyone looking to refresh their Java language syntax and core concepts.
The book could be used while preparing for interviews for Java Software Engineering positions. This can also serve as a guide for becoming more productive while doing your Java project work or assignments.